Thought this might be helpful…
At our training today, we were given quite a few apps and websites that I’m going to try out this year. Hearing about so many in such a short amount of time was a little overwhelming, but I’m going to take it one step at a time and really get comfortable and knowledgeable about one or two at a time before moving in to the next one.
Here is a list of some of 5 of my favorites:
1. Teachnology – A website full of critical thinking activities and printable pages for students.
2. Storybirds – Short, visual stories that you make with family and friends to read, share, and print.
3. ZooBurst – A digital storytelling tool that lets anyone easily create his or her own 3D pop-up books.
4. Pics4Learning – A website with thousands of copyright-friendly photos to use in your lessons.
5. Moglue – Interactive eBooks for iOS and Android.
Hopefully you can use some of these in your classroom, too. I love incorporating technology whenever I can. I’m always looking for new websites and apps that will increase student engagement and performance.
What is your favorite new website? Please share!!
FREE. I love that word. FREE.
As I was reading through numerous blogs, I came across http://www.freetech4teachers.com/ and was amazed at the plethora of helpful information about technology that can be used in the classroom. I thought that this was too good to keep to myself, so I wanted to share it with those of you following my blog. I hope you enjoy perusing this site as much as I do!!
By the way, there is a link on that website to http://www.wideo.co–you HAVE to check that out! It’s now one of my new hobbies. I will be creating some videos to use in my classroom with this new tool. Don’t worry, I’ll post my “wideos” to my blog for you to view and/or use in your classroom!!