Today I’m linking up with Blog Hoppin’ for a fun linky party–10 Fun Things About Me!
1. I’ve just recently found my new addiction: blog hopping! I think it’s fun to peek in on other teachers and “steal” ideas to make my own. There are SO MANY great blogs out there, and I know I haven’t found them all yet. That’s what is so fun about it. Every day I find new information and new teachers to follow.
2. I teach in Texas in a town just south of Austin. I absolutely love what I do. When I was first hired, I was actually scared of 4th graders! Shhhhh, don’t tell anyone! After just a few minutes around them, I knew that my fears were unrealistic. They are still sweet, love their teacher, and they don’t stink too badly! 😉
3. I have a wonderful husband and a son that just turned 2 last week. This “terrible two’s” thing might just kill me! Where, oh where do they get so much energy? I’m young and all, but WOW! I have to take a break every now and then to survive. LOL I had to share a picture of my little man so that you can see my inspiration for everything I do. 😉
4. We have one dog. A mutt named Jimi. He is an old dog, but still demands his attention when he is feeling neglected!
5. My favorite band is The Dave Matthews Band. I’ve been to several of their concerts and enjoy listening to them in the car and even in my classroom. Too bad I wasn’t the one who saw him stranded on his bicycle on the way to his show and gave him a lift! Did you read about that? He’s so awesome!
6. Purple is my favorite color….for now, anyway. It changes from time to time. Anyone else that way? I’m decorating my room in blue, and I’ve picked up quite a few new blue pieces that are hanging in my closet, but I still love purple!
7. My favorite TV shows are Suits, Mike & Molly, Two Broke Girls, and The Big Bang Theory. Out of those, BBT is my overall favorite!!! I could go on and on about that show, but I’ll save that for another time!
8. I enjoy DIY projects. I may have quite a few coming up in my near future…
9. I’m learning more and more about technology every day. Blogging has forced me to learn about even those little things that make a big difference. Also seeing so many neat ideas from other teachers about how to use and implement technology into the classroom is encouraging me to go full force this year!
10. I am also a FREE health coach to those seeking to lose weight or embark upon a healthy lifestyle. I won’t go on a rant about that, but I’m here for you, too!
Well, that’s it from me. I’m heading over to Blog Hoppin’ now to read up on others!! Ta ta for now!